Bookbags to be brought into school every Monday. They will be returned home every Wednesday with new reading books (linked to their phonics learning in school) and 6 spellings.
Pupils will be tested on their spellings on a Monday or Tuesday.
PE takes place on Mondays. Pupils can come to school in their PE kit including suitable footwear.
There are many ways you can support your child at home. Here are some suggestions about how you could help:
• Encourage your child to talk about what they have learnt at school.
• Link learning to real life experiences - encourage them to tell the time, read signs around the environment, count out money, identify how much change would be given etc.
• Listen to your child reading – Please try to read on a daily basis with your child and ask them questions about what they have read.
• Encourage your child to practise and learn their spellings – including how they can use the words in sentences.
Your child will also benefit from using the following online learning websites (all passwords are in your child’s Reading Record)
You may find some of these websites useful to support your child:
In Year 2 we are kind, helpful and caring towards others. We come to school to try our best and develop a hardworking, resilient attitude towards learning.
Our aim in Year 2 is to develop numerate mathematicians, fluent readers, confident speakers and willing writers ready for the challenge of KS2.
This term we are learning about the following:
Science: Electricity and Plants
PE: Athletics and striking/fielding
ICT: Google docs and databases
Geography: The United Kingdom
History: Neil Armstrong and the Moon Landing
Our Year 2 class rules are:
1. ALWAYS try your best
2. Listen carefully
- Eyes on the speaker
- Do not talk over the speaker
- Do what you are asked first time
3. Concentrate on your own learning
4. Always tell the truth
5. Look after class equipment
6. Be kind and polite to everyone
Our class reward system is raffle tickets, which can be earned every day in the classroom by demonstrating good learning behaviours, such as effort, a positive attitude or resilience.
In addition we can earn cobbles for our SEAM, these can either be single, double or treble and are given for extraordinary effort or attitude. All cobbles are counted weekly